Tips for Creating Camtasias? (or Captivates in this case)

Subject: Tips for Creating Camtasias? (or Captivates in this case)
From: "Barbara Vega" <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:46:33 -0700

Hello all

I am doing my first mini-lessons in Captivate (maybe in Mimic down the
line). I would like to know if any of you have any suggestions and tips.
The software I am writing tutorials for is information management
software, which is really like an API Programming set for
non-Programmers. (It's more like a platform than a software package).
Some of the lessons can be, if not complicated, complex. Here are my
questions:

1) Is it better to do long ones or short ones? Is there an ideal length
in terms of time? Is it better to use for routines WITHIN a lesson, or
better to do a whole lesson. I have 6 Walkthroughs that would probably
take from 15 to 30 minutes each. Or it doesn't matter, it is just my
choice. I just wondered if there are any studies on a certain length of
time are which users get "antsy."

2) The use of audio: When is it good to use versus not use - or it just
depends? I am debating as to whether to make it use callouts versus with
audio

Thanks - and any other tips you can provide would be welcome.

Barbara

"This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this
message if you are not the intended recipient.

If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (collect)
at (714) 751-6900 and return the original message to us at the above listed address via electronic
mail. We will reimburse you for telephone expenses involved. Thank you."

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl Email Filter
software in conjunction with McAffee virus detection software.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList