RE: Aware of such a System

Subject: RE: Aware of such a System
From: "Ole Andersen" <ora -at- dita-exchange -dot- com>
To: "Jan Cohen" <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <gail -dot- former -at- accenttech -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:16:14 +0200

If you are looking for a system that can output pdf, word, htmlhelp,
javahelp, eclipse, docbook, XML and HTML out of the box you might want
to have a look at www.dita-exchange.com. DITA Exchange can easily be
customized to output to other formats as well. The fundamentals of DITA
Exchange are structured XML-components (Maps and Topics) - according to
the global DITA standard.

DITA Exchange builds on Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Server and is
therefore a complete
end-to-end-single-source-publishing-and-collaboration platform.

Best regards, Ole

From: Gail Former <gail -dot- former -at- accenttech -dot- com>

Are there any open source CMS's out there for print applications?
Everything we've looked at so far is either extremely pricey (commercial

applications), or seems to be for the web. What we need at the moment is

something for paper output (PDFs) that works with structured FrameMaker
and is either open source or reasonably priced.

Or are we missing the point completely, and those that appear to be for
the web will work for any output?

Sorry to sound so stupid, but this is not my area of expertise.

Gail

http://mail.yahoo.com

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats
or

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as ora -at- dita-exchange -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/ora%40dita-exchange.c
om

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList