Re: Validating manuals - PART II

Subject: Re: Validating manuals - PART II
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com>
To: "Mary Arrotti" <mary_arrotti -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Michelle Vina-Baltsas" <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:27:22 -0400

To all:

I am just reading this thread this AM (13 April 2007)

It seems that there are a number of issues that come to mind about this
exercise that you are involved in.

I have several questions.

1) Why are the doicuments being compared to the requirements, and not to
the actual opertion of the application.

2) Why weren't the peer reviews ( waltkthroughs, technical reviews, and
formal inspections) c0onducted while the product/application was being
developed?

3) Are the developers involved at any time during the writing of the
documents?

4) Why wasn't QA involved in the development of the applicatin, documents,
and requirements gathering.?

5) Is this exercise (as discussed in this thread) the 'normal way of doing
business in the company?

6) How is this effort andy different from previous efforts?

7) Where is Requirements Traceablility if this effort, or is there any?

8) How does this effort tie into the "Earned Value" of the overal company
goals in monitoriung the expenses of this, and other projects (both prior to
this project, and expected follow-on)?

9) Is it cost-effective to do this cross-checking at the tail end of the
project?

Do any of the above questions suggest that the entire process needs to be
examined?

If there are any questions that I have not raised that should be discussed,
they might be good fodder for future discussions on this thread.

Food for thought.

Harry