WinHelp: Corrupt Images in Help File

Subject: WinHelp: Corrupt Images in Help File
From: "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:08:51 -0500

Hello all,

I'm working on a VERY large WinHelp project in RoboHelp. I experienced
an odd problem recently...

I generated (compiled) the final help file. Some images are corrupted in
the compiled help file:

* One image looks like a multicolored electronic blur.
* Another image looks like a green wall with cracks in the plaster! The
filename of the image is displayed at the bottom of this image.

I generated the final help file a second time. The images look fine.

In other words, images seem to vary each time I generate the help file.
An image can look corrupted one time, but fine the next.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Any ways to prevent this from
occurring?

In RoboHelp, the Word file containing the topics is HUGE (1,200 pages; I
didn't create this project). It takes 30+ minutes to generate the final
help file. Could this huge file size be the source of the problem?

Thanks.

Keith

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList