RE: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7

Subject: RE: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:13:52 -0500

"THANK YOU FOR VISITING MEGACOMPANY'S WEBSITE! WHEN VIEWING OUR
WEBSITE, WE REQUIRE YOU TO USE Internet Explorer, THE LEAST SECURE, MOST
INFILTRATABLE BROWSER ON THE MARKET. WE'VE ALSO LOADED OUR SITE WITH
NON-W3C-COMPLIANT CODE THAT JUST WON'T DISPLAY ON ANYTHING ELSE, SO
DON'T EVEN TRY. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!!"

I use FireFox on broadband connections both at home at work. When I get
to a site that doesn't display properly because of poorly-designed and
faulty code designed to work only in IE, I immediately leave and don't
return. I have taken significant online purchases to other vendors
because of this. I also will notify the webmaster that I will not
return to their site because of their IE-only design preferences.

If I absolutely *MUST* access the site, I will open my IE browser, get
the info I need, and immediately close it.

Anecdotal information: I use FireFox at home, while my husband tends to
open IE. We also have three kids who only use FireFox for browsing, so
it's a 4-1 ratio. When I perform a system and security scan, a majority
of the suspect files are resident in the IE folders. No surprise there,
at least for me.

And for the record, when I did some website design, I always checked my
site to ensure that it was viewable with all available browsers at the
time. Anything less is simply being thoughtless and inconsiderate to
your users/customers.

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.