ADMIN: TECHWR-L Update

Subject: ADMIN: TECHWR-L Update
From: TECHWR-L Administrator <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 08:51:46 -0600

All,

Thanks to all of your support, it's been a tremendously successful
relaunch of TECHWR-L. As many of you have commented, the
new TECHWR-L Site at http://www.techwr-l.com/ re-debuted on
March 7, 2007 (the 14th birthday of the TECHWR-L mailing list),
and the response has been great.

Following are some of the key things to be aware of with the
new site.

Registering on the Site:
We did _not_ automatically add current TECHWR-L subscribers
to the site--you will have to reregister. Sorry for the
extra clicking, but we thought it better to err on the side
of letting you join what you want to join than to add people
who didn't want to be added.

After registering, assuming that you used the same email
address that you use for your TECHWR-L subscription, you
can manage your list subscription through the site
(My TECHWR-L->Profile->Edit->Mailing Lists) as well as
through the usual Mailman interface.

Posting Ads on the Site:
The old Employment Services feature is no more--we wanted to
have full integration with the new site, and the old application
was getting a little long in the tooth (as well as attracting
an alarming amount of posting spam), so we replaced it with
a broader Classified Ads feature. You'll find the classifieds
at:
http://www.techwr-l.com/classified

Anyone's welcome to post ads here at no charge--anything from
old copies of software for sale to jobs offered to whatever
you want (within the bounds of good taste and generally
tech-writing-related offerings, of course).

Posting Event Announcements on the Site:
We updated the calendar, but it's still out here at:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event
As with the Classified Ads, you're welcome to post any
appropriate events at no charge.

Expressing Yourself ... or Updating Everyone Else:
The new site provides all registered users with a place to post
blogs as well as the tools to post new polls, pointers to
interesting sites on the Web, and classified ads or calendar events.
Get started at
My TECHWR-L->Post New Content

RSS Feeds:
We offer a couple of new RSS feeds. First, for the site
as a whole, see:
http://www.techwr-l.com/rss.xml
Second, for the TECHWR-L list, use:
http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/techwr-l.rdf

New Chat Mailing List:
There's a new TECHWR-L-Chat mailing list available, for
off-topic-type discussions. You'll find it at:

Content Migration:
We continue to migrate articles and other content from the old
site--if there's something you're looking for and you can't find
it, just ping us and we'll bump it to the top of the list.

Thanks again for all of your support through these changes!