RE: Comparing a list of values

Subject: RE: Comparing a list of values
From: "Turner, Katherine" <kturner -at- Metastorm -dot- com>
To: "A.H." <isaac840 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:10:14 +0100

Hi Anthony,

Vlookups are a very good way of comparing two lists.

A few tips:
* Make sure you name your range, for example if you're looking up a
value in A3:A49, name the range something relevant, alternatively you
need to make sure that you make you range absolute ie $A$3:$A:$49.

* Sort the lists

* Take a look at Vlookup in help and remember to specify TRUE=closest
match, FALSE=exact match if required.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Katherine