Re: cross-cultural study on typefaces/fonts

Subject: Re: cross-cultural study on typefaces/fonts
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:05:08 -0500

Verdana was designed by Matthew Carter who also designed an earlier set
of fonts called Interchange for Ziff-Davis. I worked on Ziff's
Interchange Online Network and our font was the best at the time but
Verdana has eclipsed it. I still have the TTF for Interchange file
somewhere. For more information on Verdana, see

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/fonts/verdana/default.htm

To make SURE we are on topic: Verdana and Interchange were specifically
designed to be legible on screen at normal (10 point or so) type sizes.
They are much more easy to read than typefaces designed solely for
printing on paper.

My 2¢,

John G