Re: SV: Basic DITA question

Subject: Re: SV: Basic DITA question
From: "Bob Doyle" <bobdoyle -at- skybuilders -dot- com>
To: "Chris Borokowski" <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:54:19 -0400

Hi Chris and others,

We are developing a website that provides a really long list of DITA
resources.
http://www.ditausers.org.

Here is the landing page contents for our Resources section.
http://www.ditausers.org/resources

DITA News <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/news>. About 30 places to go
for news about DITA.

DITA Websites <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/mailing_lists>. 20 of the
important websites covering DITA today.

mailing lists with frequent mentions of DITA.

DITA Publications <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/publications>. 37
publications and a link to a few dozen great presentations on DITA.

DITA Communities <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/communities>. 11
communities, mostly in North America so far.

DITA Glossary <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/communities>. A glossary
of about 50 DITA-related terms, which can be syndicated to serve on your
website.

DITA Elements <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/dita_elements>. A table of
links into the DITA Language Specification (including version 1.1).

DITA Specifications <http://www.ditausers.org/resources/dita_specifications>.
A table of links into the DITA Architectural Specification (including
version 1.1).

DITA Open Toolkit User Guide and
Reference<http://www.ditausers.org/resources/ot_user_guide>.
Links to the parts of the Open Toolkit User Guide and Reference.

But the most important thing about the site is the development of DITA
Authoring and Building tools online.

We have the full docset examples from Jen Linton and Kylene Bruski's
Introduction to DITA book and IBM's contributions at alphaworks. Buy the
book and work online!
http://www.comtech-server/dita.shtml

This means you do not have to install the DITA Open Toolkit yourself to get
started with topic-based authoring. We call it DITA from A to B.

We have not officially launched because we are still beta testing (until end
of March at least) with the new DITA Storm browser-based editor (it hides
the XML).
http://www.ditastorm.com

In the meantime, membership is free for beta testers.

Cheers,

Bob..

--
Bob Doyle