Re: Does InDesign change image format like Word does?

Subject: Re: Does InDesign change image format like Word does?
From: "tech.writer" <tech -dot- writer -at- insightbb -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 14:24:19 -0600

InDesign will take several formats but I generally save the SnagIt! image as
a bmp or psd into a folder within the project folder. Sometimes I edit in
PhotoShop or Illustrator. If Illustrator, I save as eps. All of this is so
that if I need to, I can easily edit the illustration in the proper
application. I also prefer to keep the project tidy by putting all art into
a folder. Then I use the place command and select the illustration from the
folder.

When you paste directly from SnagIt, I believe the image is a bmp. I think
you are better off saving the capture first and then using the Place command
to put art into your ID doc. Another reason for doing this is, if you use
the same illustration in several places in your doc, you keep your doc's
file size smaller because when you "Place" you are just creating a link to
the file rather than having several instances of it.

Tim Lewis
Lewis Communications
Tech -dot- writer -at- insightbb -dot- com
www.lewiscomms.com