RE: Old PC Technology (too long, sorry)

Subject: RE: Old PC Technology (too long, sorry)
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:08:49 -0600

Egads, the memories! I've been in the business waaaay too long.

- Commodore VIC 20 - check.
- Commodore 64 - check.
- TRS-80 - check.
- Apple IIs and IIIs in all of their glorious flavors - check. (LOVED
playing Arkanoids on a friends IIIe -- was addicted to that game.)
- Apple Lisa - check.
- Apple Macs from day one - check.
- Univac 1100/80 programming in Fortran - check. (Just missed out on
using punch cards on this.)
- WordStar - check.
- Volkswriter - check.
- PageMaker v1.0 on that first Mac Plus, swapping out the four program
disks all the time as you worked - check.

I created a database using a program called NutBase on a PC-XT or AT for
our county 4-H fair to track all of the awards and prizes that needed to
be given out to a few hundred entrants. 20 meg of memory on the
computer, and I remember thinking, "We'll never, ever use up 20 meg of
hard drive space..." Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

And then I got to graduate to Pascal on a PC-AT! Ooohh... Really
cruising there!

Heck, I remember doing PASTE-UP!!!!!! You know, wax machine, light
tables, etc.

The good old days... They were fun, but I certainly prefer the equipment
and programs we have now to use. Love my iPod, my Palm, my cell phone,
my laptop with wireless internet connection...

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.