RE: Old PC Technology (was: RE: certification; was: ranting STC)

Subject: RE: Old PC Technology (was: RE: certification; was: ranting STC)
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Poshedly, Ken'" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>, "'D. Michael McIntyre'" <michael -dot- mcintyre -at- rosegardenmusic -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "'Simon North'" <sintac -at- home -dot- nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:39:20 -0800

I wasn't interested in computers when I was young, but my brother had a
Commodore 64. I don't know what it did but it was some sort of computer and
I guess was one of the first types available when computers started to be
marketed for home use. Now Wiki lists the release date as 1982, but my
brother had his in 1979 because he had to give it up when we left California
for a short time in 1980. We left with minimal possessions and almost all
of our animals including a cat named Commodore. So now I don't know what he
really had. He ripped the "Commodore 64" label off of the computer and the
label was kicking around for several years. I know that there was a
Commodore computer in the house in 1979. But current information about it
contradicts the years I remember it.

My first computer-ish thingy was a Brother typewriter that had an LCD
display and could save to disks, but I was using computers at work, so I
wasn't completely in the dark ages of technology.

Lauren