RE: [TCP] certification (was: ranting STC)

Subject: RE: [TCP] certification (was: ranting STC)
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:12:04 -0800 (PST)

It always seemed to me that part of the job
description "Writer" included researcher, so most
writer's bookshelves overflow and their PDF stashes
invade the recesses of the hard drive.

I like the idea of a certification but, like all
things, it would have to be done intelligently. I like
it more in response to the job market than as a good
idea in itself.

--- Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
wrote:

> By the way, aside to John, I can read about
> usability and
> learn some hints to apply to my work, and not have
> to take
> a formal course - much of which would be
> me-or-my-employer
> paying for review of stuff I'd already read - but it
> won't
> help me any more or less in talking with the company
> usability
> engineer(s). We don't have any of those.
<gap>
> On the other hand, as things change in techwriting,
> I've had to
> learn and adapt, so my shelves that formerly
> contained books
> on tools and techniques for book-like documentation
> now are
> filling with tracts on Help and interface design.
> Well, actually
> it's not so much the physical bookshelf as the hard
> drive and the
> browser favorites.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html