Re: Opinion anyone?

Subject: Re: Opinion anyone?
From: "Kevin Amery" <kevindamery -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:09:46 -0500

How long have you been looking? I was out of work for a month and a
half at the end of last year. During the first three weeks of my job
search, I only had one nibble for a position that was a significant
step down from the one I had just lost. Things were looking pretty
black. But in the fourth week, I suddenly started getting calls for
interviews, and pretty soon had two offers on the table.

Given what you've told us about yourself, I think you're definitely
hireable. It may just take a little time to find a company that
recognizes what you have to offer.

Also, during my search, one recruiter I talked to recommended that I
compose a 30 second speech that answered the question, "why should I
hire you?" Once I composed it, I was to internalize it so that I could
succinctly present my strongest points at any time. You might want to
do the same thing, and make sure that you address the fact that while
your experience may not have been in America, that does not in any way
impede your ability to document products in English. Basically, use
that short introductory speech to dissect the objections that have
been made about your capabilities.

Hope this helps, and best of luck in your search.

--
Until next time...

Kevin Amery