RE: Opinion anyone?

Subject: RE: Opinion anyone?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:38:33 -0500

Yeah, that one surprised me, too. I had no trouble getting a job in the
U.S. after working as a tech writer in Israel, and I know others who
have made the same move.

The companies that interviewed me wanted to know *what* I had
documented, not *where*. At one point, I got teased for bringing in
samples on A4 paper... but I still got an offer.

If you're having trouble getting that first job, consider building up a
portfolio of volunteer work on SourceForge, etc.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.