Re: Press this, or just Press

Subject: Re: Press this, or just Press
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:37:51 -0600

And sometimes when the company style guide imposes arbitrary limitations
that were created without anticipating situations like you describe I don't
hesitate to ignore the style guide and create a document that actually
serves the user instead of conforming to a standard that would result in a
crappy and difficult-to-maintain document. But then again, I've never been
afraid to get fired over resisting stupidity.

However, for those less secure in their career, why not take the content and
create an alternative version of a couple pages as a proof-of-concept?

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer