Re: Creating help on a mobile device using Windows CE

Subject: Re: Creating help on a mobile device using Windows CE
From: ct <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:21:28 -0700

I worked with it when it *first* came out for windows mobile devices
and haven't developed anything since. I'll let you know what I can.

Obviously, you can approach this in several ways. I believe you can
now display independent of the browser, in the Flash environment
itself on a PPC device. So that should give you a bit more real
estate to work with.

Another benefit is that you can easily take simple text files and load
them into your flash file - keeping the app lite, very simple and
configurable using simple scripting.

Now, not knowing exactly what you're doing (I haven't read the full
thread, sorry), I would bow out to people with more experience.
Phillip Terrone (sp?) had a Great mobile flash site a while
ago...don't know if he still has it up and running.

-Collin

On 2/23/07, Somayya El Gemei <SElGemei -at- mobilecom -dot- com> wrote:

Hi Collin,
It's interesting that you mention Flash because I know Robohelp can
generate Flash Help.

I personally haven't worked with Flash before (although I hear it's a
neat tool) ...could you tell me more about it and if you were able to
include screen shots, how big of a size was the help, does it display
well on the mobile device..

Thanks,
S.