Re: Re: Validation Protocol for Users Guide

Subject: Re: Re: Validation Protocol for Users Guide
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com>
To: <beth -dot- tripp -at- verizon -dot- net>, "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:19:26 -0500

A number of organizations that I know of have a 'formal' method for this.

Configuration Management Processes work!

People just have to use them.

Is there a central, approving authority for engineering changes (ECO). Because that is what this actually is. A document is a 'part, and is 'catalogued' accordingly.

Putting a bit of 'discipline' into thie 'document change process' is the first step in getting changes controlled and implemented in time.

I am sure that there might be some 'monetary' value to the documents that are created. the discipline imposed would begin to show that money is being spent on the changes and can be budgeted for.

Are the documents 'free' to your customers (external) or are they just given away.

Just some thoughts.

Harry

----- Original Message ----- From: <beth -dot- tripp -at- verizon -dot- net>
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: 2007/02/22 Thu PM 02:17:48 CST
To: beth -dot- tripp -at- verizon -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Re: Validation Protocol for Users Guide

Hi, Beth. I agree, the timing is awkward, but it's great that you company invests resources in this!

If you have a good relationship with the appropriate managers, I think you can easily get them to understand why the timing is off, and convey that you're glad they're reviewing the doc.

Encourage them all you can . . .

--Nancy

Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
to 106 languages with Help & Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/hbacheler%40aol.com