RE: Presenation recording

Subject: RE: Presenation recording
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:23:32 -0500

John Posada wrote:

Hi, guys...looking for some recommendations from those who have recorded
training/speaking sessions and made them available later as podcasts.

I'm looking for a microphone setup that includes a lapel microphone (also
known as a lavelier (sp?)), a wireless transmitter, a receiver, and a
handhelp wireless mike for audience questions. I want to attach the receiver
into a laptop. I have the software for recording the sound. The audience
will be in the 30-60 person range.

I've looked at some setups from Shure and they're nice, but run about
800+ bucks. Has anyone, maybe those involved in training, used a
setup that they liked and was able to put it together for around $500?

Contact B&H Photo and Video (www.bhphotoandvideo.com) and see if you can
rent a Lectrosonics wireless system for your sessions. They're the best in
the market for sound quality and if you rent them, you don't have to worry
about maintenance, service...and, you won't be stuck with antique equipment
down the road. There are other vendors in the NYC area....go to their
website (www.lectrosonics.com), or contact Bruce Jones, VP of Marketing, or
Karl Winkler, Director of New Business, for the names/contact information. I
think your idea of hooking the receive to your laptop might intrigue Karl.
He helped develop Lectrosonics now popular line up of wireless systems that
are now used by everyone from Cirque de Soleil to Dave Mathews Band.

Disclaimer: I was formerly Lectrosonics lone tech writer/web developer and
both Bruce Jones and Karl Winkler are personal friends. I would still be in
that position if it wasn't for the lack of water and thus tall trees and
green grass, scorpions, rattle snakes, spiders bigger than our Ford Focus
and desert cockroaches that inhabit the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho basin along
with nearly a million humans.

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)