RE: Knowledge Base Vs. FAQs

Subject: RE: Knowledge Base Vs. FAQs
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:11:39 -0500

A good place to start your research is http://www.webopedia.com/.

What are the plusses and
> minuses of each?

You should determine your goals first, and then consider whether one or the
other (or both) can help you accomplish them. You might end up wanting to
have both for the different benefits they offer. But everything depends on
your audience, its needs, and your company's goals.

I'm not sure what software or database we
> are going to use for this, so if anyone has any suggestions
> about software and databases I'm open for suggestions about that too.

You want to consider what tools can achieve your goals, so you need a clear
idea of your specific goals before you think of how you're going to
accomplish them.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com