Re: maintaining a list of changes in User Guides between versions

Subject: Re: maintaining a list of changes in User Guides between versions
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -at- svi -dot- co -dot- il>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:36:26 +0200 (IST)

Caroline,
There are really good reasons to keep track of changes made to
the documentation, at least for products under development.

When I work in FrameMaker I use a FrameScript that I wrote a
few years ago to embed dated Document Notes. It is documented
in a whitepaper on document management that I believe is still
posted on Techwr-l and microtype. If you have FrameScript I
can send you the script. It is really easy to use.

- Svi Ben-Elya -
svi -at- ieee -dot- org
www.elephant.org.il

P.S. You might want to check out the latest additions to the
elephant.org.il site - it's always changing.