RE: Recruitment Agencies

Subject: RE: Recruitment Agencies
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:56:04 -0800

Recruiting agencies are either employers or brokers. People that work for a
short time are either temporary employees or independent consultants. If
they work as a W-2 employee through the recruiter, then they are temporary
employees of the recruiter. The Labor Commissioner in each state governs
employment. I've used the Labor Commissioner 3 times to help me get paid
from employers that thought they were protected by a contract. Haha, they
had to pay me anyway. The second was ordered to pay penalties and the third
is about to be ordered to pay penalties. Harassment and discrimination
complaints are handled by a different agency. I don't know who governs
brokers. It's nearly 1:00 am and I just finished my taxes. I should really
find something better to do with my time.

On a side-note: Why did you use dots in "U.S." but not in "UK"? Shouldn't a
tech writer be consistent?

Lauren