Weird Word issue?

Subject: Weird Word issue?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Aviva Wulfsohn <aviva -dot- wulfsohn -at- Fiserv -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:44:57 -0500

Aviva Wulfsohn wondered: <<I have a folder full of Word documents saved as .rtf's for our Intranet site. I make updates to these documents fairly regularly. Each one contains a relatively small table - three columns, maybe 20-30 rows. Without fail, every time I go to retrieve one of these documents either the Heading Rows Repeat command is gone (header obviously doesn't repeat on each page) or the table borders are gone throughout the table or just within select rows/columns. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?>>

My guess would be that one or more of these table properties is not correctly supported by the RTF document format. Try saving the files as Word .doc files and see if that solves the problem. If it does, you have your answer. If it doesn't, you've at least provided additional clues.

www.geoff-hart.com