RE: Oxymorons (Was: American English)

Subject: RE: Oxymorons (Was: American English)
From: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>
To: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:32:54 -0000

First of all, as a retired Army officer, I wish to dispute Jonathon's
contention that "military music" is an oxymoron. One only needs to
listen to such military marches as "Stars and Stripes Forever," "76
Trombones," or Strauss' "Radetzky Marsch" to know that military marches
are truly music. As a final note, "God Save the Queen/King" is a very
moving military tune that is known here as "My Country Tis of Thee."

Now, for what it is worth, my contribution to the oxymoron thread are
the following:
"medical science"
"rap music"
"responsible government"

. . .and last, but not least, "white gold"

David B. Dubin
Senior Curriculum Developer
Sage Software
727-579-1111 x 3356