Re: Measurable objectives?

Subject: Re: Measurable objectives?
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: neilson -at- windstream -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:27:56 -0800 (PST)

The peson is sure one heck of a technical communicator!

Richard Lewis

neilson -at- windstream -dot- net wrote:
Richard is correct, at least as far as some of us
have seen. Imagine you were told to document the software.
Instead, you asked the developers some pointed questions,
and they redesigned the user interface, and perhaps
a fundamental algorithm. The result was that the
125-page user manual you were expected to produce
became a small web page and a three-sheet handout,
just so marketing would have *something* to give away.

Is the person who does this really a tech writer? Is
it correct to judge such a person by "writing"
criteria?

Richard Lewis wrote:

> In order to have specific, measurable objectives, specific, concrete processes are required. That is where you are going to run into problems as a TW. It is not like engineering where formal analysis preceeds formal design - it is, for most, an art.
>

> Sarah Bouchier wrote:
> It's review time here at my workplace, and I have to come up with some
> objectives for myself. Ones that are Specific, Measurable,
> Results-Oriented etc.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tech44writer%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com