Re: Interviewing Strategies

Subject: Re: Interviewing Strategies
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:25:54 -0800

I think a lot of people on both sides of the interviewing process have had the advice of various "experts" drilled into them. Show
enthusiasm/don't look too anxious, answer this canned question
with this canned answer, etc. For someone with a relatively
limited experience at interviewing or being interviewed who
isn't quite sure what the "right" way to do it is, it could all make
you crazy.

What I try to do is make sure the interviewer gets enough
information to be able to decide whether the candidate is
desired and the candidate gets enough to decide whether
the company is desired, regardless of which I happen to
be at the moment, based on skills, experience, environment.
etc., needed and offered, all with the understanding that no matter how positive all of that may seem the whole thing could fall through once we start talking about terms. This could be a terrible way to interview according to the
"experts," but so far it seems to have worked ok for me.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Why'zat? Why are you there? What did you spend the last few hours of
your life for? To make friends? Nothing better to do?