RE: CNET Editor Death Caused byaTechnical Communication Mistake?

Subject: RE: CNET Editor Death Caused byaTechnical Communication Mistake?
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:43:17 -0500

Sarah Bouchier wrote:

I agree that the documentation ought to be on the road.

****************

Another vote for "instructions are required at the point of use" (ISO 9001).

My gosh, even we have those "seasonal use only" warning signs on our many
flatter-than-flat-completely-visible-from-the-main-road-from-start-to-end
seasonal roads here in Agricultural Acres in the Lake Plains region (Upstate
New York). There are occasional but very few signs on seasonal goat tracks
in the Corning area (base of The Endless Mountains), where they mostly
separate the Real Men ("Ridge Runners") from Wimps and Tourists
("Flatlanders").

And then there is Vermont, where the taxes are kept low by flat-out refusal
to maintain more than three roads in the whole state but it seems to work
because they post signs to that effect.

Dori Green

PS -- I returned the subject to the original thread title because I was so
horrified and offended by the other comment. Nobody who wasn't there and
making those difficult decisions has any right to be judgemental about
anybody who was. I've also served on search and rescue teams (Adirondacks).
Smart people sometimes do and say silly and stupid things (even me). Nobody
ever deserves to die over it, and every death is a tragedy with nothing
funny about it. I usually avoid "me too" comments but felt driven to add on
this one.

Let me also add that smart, sensitive people sometimes do and say silly and
stupid things (even me). Let's forgive it and step forward.