RE: Help needed - Title block in MS Visio 03

Subject: RE: Help needed - Title block in MS Visio 03
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:43:40 -0500

Dear "Technical Writer":

Assuming that you already have the Title Block inserted in your diagram:

1. Click to select *only* the black rectangle that indicates the date.
Gray connection points are displayed along the perimeter of the black
rectangle.
2. From the Window menu, select Show Shape Sheet. The shape sheet fills
the bottom half of the screen.
3. Scroll down the shape sheet until you reach Text Fields.
4. Click the string in the Value column of the Text Fields section. The
current string is displayed in the formula bar near the top of the
screen: =DOCLASTSAVE()
5. Replace the current formula bar string with:
=DATE(year, month, day)
... with date values instead of "year, month, day."

NOTE: If you type something wrong, like:
=DATE(2006, 11, 31)
... Visio will display this as "12/1/06."

6. Press ENTER and close the Shape Sheet.

-- Dan Goldstein

P.S.: "Show Shape Sheet" looks pretty cool in print, but don't try
saying it three times fast out loud.
P.P.S.: I knew you would.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.