Re: Word: 'body' versus 'normal' style for body paragraphs

Subject: Re: Word: 'body' versus 'normal' style for body paragraphs
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:32:41 -0800

This is my primary reason. Something like 80% of all SME material
that I get in Word is written with everything Normal and manually
formatted.

The other reason is Geoff's. Normal is used as the basis for so many
other Word styles that any change in its format propagates to other
default Word styles as well.

I generally make it a point not to base any style I create in Word on
an existing one.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>

1. You can search your document for text in Normal style, and know that
anything you find has been pasted in without proper consideration for
formatting.