Re: Landed my first job as a technical writer

Subject: Re: Landed my first job as a technical writer
From: Joe Malin <jmalin -at- jmalin -dot- com>
To: Craig Cardimon <cardimon720 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:36:39 -0800

Yes, look around in your area for schools offering certificates in
technical writing. Your new company may not care, but you'll get a lot
of support from teachers and other students. You'll also get a *lot* of
information about doing it *right*.

If it turns out that you are a lone writer, join the STC lone writers SIG.

Before you update anything, do a documentation plan for the company. If
you want, I can send you a template for this (I think it's MS Word and
MS Excel).

Also, contact me personally. I have the same background and went through
the same thing.