Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar

Subject: Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar
From: "Brasel, Russell" <russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:27:11 -0600

I'm not a big fan of behavioral interview questions-after all, a
sociopath can give you the answers you want to hear-because a lot of
them deal with hypothetical situations, or situations you never
experienced. Such as, "Have you ever had problems with a co-worker?
And if so, what did you do?" My answer, if I was completely honest,
would have been, "Yes. I ignored him because everyone else hated him,
he probably drank on the job, he was incompetent, and we were just
waiting for the next round of layoffs."

And some situations I've never ever been in. My last interview was:
can you write, can you work in a team, can you use MS Word, can you
learn programs quickly, do you have a technical background, a degree in
English or writing, can you start next week?

RGBrasel