Re: WTH is Going On? WAS: TechCommPros mailing list

From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:19:28 -0500

eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:

As professionals, or at least as a group which often laments our professional status, shouldn't we be more concerned about the inner/behind-the-scenes workings of what is a major resource to us and stands in for a sort of professional organisation?

[remainder snipped]

We do not own TECHWR-L; we subscribe to it. We don't get to make the rules or enforce them. We all agreed to that provision when we subscribed.

There can be nothing, repeat NOTHING, gained by engaging in he-said-she-said or airing dirty laundry on this forum; and there can be a great deal lost. For one thing, it will reflect badly on anyone who participates (remember the archives!). For another, the principals are not seeking our (list members') opinions. They will or will not work out their differences in private. They will or will not work out their differences in court. It is their business--literally--and not ours. I am not going to jump to any conclusions about one party being right and the other party wrong, because I don't have the facts in front of me and because "right" and "wrong" can be extremely squishy descriptors in any sort of dispute. Lacking any reason to judge otherwise, I'm perfectly willing to assume that both parties feel justified in their positions and have marshaled compelling arguments in their favor.

So I suggest we all mind our own business and stay on topic.

Dick