Webworks, Framemaker, TOC headaches

Subject: Webworks, Framemaker, TOC headaches
From: "Ethan Metsger" <emetsger -at- obj-sys -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:54:23 -0500

Hi, all.

By way of introduction, I'm a software engineer tasked with updating some online documentation for my employer. The job has been done more or less by lottery in the past, so our current staff isn't as prepared to assist me as I might have hoped. I'm not a documentation person by training, and I generally prefer to use LaTeX if I need to make something pretty. (In fact, I use Doxygen's LaTeX output for our programmers' manuals.)

Our user's guides have been created in Framemaker 7, and we are using Webworks 7 to create the HTML-ized version. The results are mostly correct, but I am having a hard time getting one of the table-of-contents references to link to the right page. FrameMaker's TOC is updated, and I can ctrl-alt-click on the offending entry without any trouble.

So I'm a little confused about why the TOC contains a link to oblivion (more precisely, to the wrong page).

Any thoughts?

Apologies if the newbie question has been answered several times over; I did some Googling before subscribing.

Warm regards,

Ethan Metsger
(emetsger -at- obj-sys -dot- com; uppertank.net/ethanm)