RE: Tech Spec vs Functional Spec was RE: What are you working on?

Subject: RE: Tech Spec vs Functional Spec was RE: What are you working on?
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: CGiordano -at- EvergreenInvestments -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:51:36 -0800 (PST)

Ohhh, I get it: Instead of problem driven design, we have design driven problems. Maybe that explains why I sometimes create post-implementation requirements specifications.

Richard

CGiordano -at- EvergreenInvestments -dot- com wrote:

Executives see cool toys and big systems with neat acronyms, and want the latest and greatest because somebody who paid for a junket told them it was the one solution to all their ills. Then it's up to the grunts to figure out how to mash the problem into the tool, not design the tool to fix the problem. ... it's the Murphy's Law of IT!

Connie P Giordano, M A
Senior Technical Advisor/Technical Writer
Evergreen Investments
704/383-4405