Re: What are you working on?

Subject: Re: What are you working on?
From: "Brasel, Russell" <russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:14:25 -0600

This week:

Planning a modular help system for our new proprietary client/server
software.

Documentation for SQL databases and PowerBuilder 5.0 (yes, 5.0) code for
our existing system so new developers will know what these processes do
without going through the code.

Planning a presentation on "Effective Power Point," because we have some
people here who simply parrot what's on the slide. (Hey-it's better
than Ambien! And the amnesiac effects last only 30-45 minutes. More if
they hand you a printout at the beginning of the presentation.)

Wrangling Word and Visio to do my bidding, which is quite Sisyphean.
(Wow! I haven't used that word since the Master's program at La Tech!)

Awaiting the arrival of my Paint Shop Pro upgrade.

Downloading a .pdf from the Information Mapping website, looking at it,
realizing I learned that in high school, came up with my own method, and
saved the company thousands in consulting fees. (Theoretically
speaking-I may put the bug in the CIO's ear, and step in at the last
minute-kind of a budgetary Deus ex Machina.)

Trying not to get blamed for anything.

RGBrasel

Marge: "Homer, your supervisor said if you don't come in today, don't
bother coming in on Monday."
Homer: "Woo hoo! Four day weekend!"