RE: Word TOC loses formatting

Subject: RE: Word TOC loses formatting
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Nancy Allison'" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <jans_baked_goods -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:35:05 -0600

Are you updating fields or re-inserting?

Everytime you go to insert a table, it goes back to defaults settings --
very annoying and frustrating. As far as I know, there's no work around, but
maybe some of the macro/coding geniuses here have an answer.

Once you set up the TOC and need to update it, right click in it and select
Update Fields (there's a keyboard shortcut that'll do, too - F9 maybe?). As
long as you don't go back to the TOC dialog, it _should_ leave everything as
you set it and just update titles and page numbers.

No guarantees, because Word does sometimes have a strange mind of it's own.

Good luck,
-Karen