RE: SFU Tech Writing Certificate

Subject: RE: SFU Tech Writing Certificate
From: "Rowena Hart" <RHart -at- ACDSystems -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:41:21 -0700

Hi Pete, all,

I teach several of the courses in the SFU Technical Communication
program (including the documentation project management course!) and I'm
on the program advisory committee. It's definitely an excellent program
and I would recommend it to anyone interested in getting a broad
grounding in technical communication, but there is one small hiccup -
all of the courses *except* documentation project management and final
project are online. That means you could take a wide range of courses
online but could not complete the technical communication certificate.

Given your distance learning needs, I would recommend the technical
communication certificate at Malaspina University College. More info at
http://www.pr.mala.bc.ca/techcomm.htm. It's a relatively new program
(clearly modelled on SFU's program) and I have heard good things about
it.

Feel free to contact me offline if you have any other questions about
the SFU program. Good luck with your studies!

Cheers,

Rowena