Re: graying out part of a graphic

Subject: Re: graying out part of a graphic
From: techielmb <techielmb -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Paul Pehrson <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

I did this once a few years ago, and the service techs
and customers really liked it. I just couldn't
remember how I did it!

It's screens on machinery, which makes it a different
type of audience. Maybe that is why they like it,
while an average computer user wouldn't like it. The
screens that I'm putting in the manual include tables
that tell what each button on the screen does. But,
with 30 buttons on a screen, the table gets very long
and spans several pages. This way, I can do just a
chunk of buttons at a time, and the table describing
them can fit on the same page or the facing page.

http://mail.yahoo.com