Re: graying out part of a graphic

Subject: Re: graying out part of a graphic
From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:06:25 -0600

Agree on SnagIT. It's a good program.

However, if you are going to use Photoshop for this process, it's not too
bad.

Here's an overview of the process. I won't give specifics, because I assume
you know your way around Photoshop.

1. Open your image in Photoshop.
2. Add a new, blank layer above your image. Select that layer.
3. Change the selection tool from the rectangular marquee tool to the
elliptical marquee tool.
4. Drag the selection tool around the area you DON'T want darkened.
5. Inverse the selection (Ctrl+Shift+i). You now have everything ELSE on the
layer selected.
6. Fill the layer with black using the paint bucket tool.
7. Adjust the layer opacity in the Layers pallet.

It's not that bad, but SnagIT is definitely easier to use for this
particular procedure.

Good luck.

Paul Pehrson
Midvale, UT

On 10/25/06, David Loveless <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Honestly? Go pick up SnagIT. It's about $40 for a license and will be
much quicker and easier than taking it through PhotoShop or
PhotoPaint.

Dave

On 10/25/06, techielmb <techielmb -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> I have some screenshots that have a lot of buttons on
> them. The buttons are grouped for different functions,
> like navigation, faults, etc. I'd like to alter the
> screenshots so that all but one set of buttons is
> grayed out. We have PhotoShop and Corel PhotoPaint.
> Does anyone know a way to do this?
>
> Thanks!

> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
> format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
> delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
> Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/daveloveless%40gmail.com

> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/paulpehrson%40gmail.com

Paul Pehrson
Midvale, UT
AIM: nelspaul2004 MSN: paulpehrson(at)gmail.com
www.paulpehrson.com blog.paulpehrson.com