RE: All about Dayton

Subject: RE: All about Dayton
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "BC" <bvconway -at- shaw -dot- ca>, "Techwr-L -at- Lists -dot- Techwr-L. Com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:08:39 -0600

BC wrote:

> I've been getting the same email each day (about jobs in
> Dayton, Ohio) and wondering if this is normal, even if it is
> to underwite the costs of the list.

Did you read it? It says right near the top:

"You received this message because you're a subscriber to TECHWR-L.
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper, magazine,
or journal underwrite the costs of those publications)."

Is that not clear?

> I'm not getting daily digests with everyone's posts and am
> curious as to why this might be. Could it be everyone is too
> busy doing actual work instead of posting, or they're "out of
> the office" or on retreat?

Did you sign up for the digest? Are you getting individual messages
instead, or nothing at all? Any message you get from the list (except
that "ad" message) has info about maintaining your subscription at the
bottom. Or just browse to:

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/

Log in (leave password blank if you haven't set one) and review/change
your subscription options.

> I expected to see heated (or at least vibrant) discussions of
> InDesign and Framemaker, how technical communication is
> changing, whether Information Mapping is useful and how it
> differs from Structured Writing, how badly TCs (Technical
> Communicators) are treated by software engineers, the joys of
> XML and such.

Are our current discussions disappointing you, or are you really not
getting anything but the "Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements"
message? If the latter, that would explain it.

But, frankly, I'm not sure how "vibrant" we've been lately. ;-) See for
yourself by checking out the archives at:

http://lists.techwr-l.com/pipermail/techwr-l/

HTH!
Richard

------