RE: What to do about a recommendation?

Subject: RE: What to do about a recommendation?
From: "Poshedly, Ken" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>
To: <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:18:16 -0400

Well, not knowing what your objections are to this person, you make it
tough for us to judge the case fairly. And I'm sure that the writer
would see things in a different light if he or she knew what your
objections were.

But the most important facts seem to be:

1. You were contracted to deliver a project on time.

2. The contractor you brought in contributed enough that you are able to
accomplish Item #1.

Why not simply state that with the efforts of this individual, you were
able to meet your own corporate deadline?

Whether he had smelly feet, bad breath, argued with everybody or was a
poor writer just doesn't come into play, considering that you met your
deadlines (whether you worked around him or not).

Nobody said you have to hire him back, but at least give him this much
credit.

And to be fair to him, it really is time for a face-to-face meeting
where you explain (and not browbeat) what the problems were. Most people
want to improve and don't mean to be a burden.