Re: Showing sample and proprietary content

Subject: Re: Showing sample and proprietary content
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:36:16 -0400

"3. I request permission, in writing, to display said content in
tangible
format such as print, under my supervision."

I have had two former employers grant me this permission. I have been
able to show samples as long as they are in print and under my
supervision. Basically, I would print them up and take them to the
interview with me and explain my situation. If you explain yourself
future employers understand and even appreciate the fact that you are
living up to an agreement you made with your former employer.

Melissa

From: Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:55:24 +0200
>On Friday 20 October 2006 18:56, Keith Hood wrote:
> > Any advice
> > on what to do?
>

>After 15-years I have many such non-disclosure agreements limiting
how I can
>use materials in my posession. Here's how I handle it.
>
>1. If, for a given work, I have signed a non-disclosure. I
determine for what
>period. In some cases I find that the non-disclosure period has
lapsed. In
>this can you can use said work as an example of your work.
>
>2. I check to see if said content is not already in public domain.
If it is
>then you may present the work as a sample of your work.
>
>3. I request permission, in writing, to display said content in
tangible
>format such as print, under my supervision.
>
>4. If 3 is not possible, I request that the recipient will, with
the
>originators consent, agree to enter into non-disclosure
back-on-back, with
>the original non-disclosure.
>
>Sometimes with 4, people get funny. A reminder that by not
displaying works
>still under non-disclosure is an indication of your integrity and
>trustworthiness, may be in order. Seen in this light, people often
waiver the
>need for examples or conceed to enter into agreement with the
third party.

>Hope this helps.
>
>--
>The Monkey is resting.
>
>Sean Wheller
>Technical Author
>sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za
>+27-84-854-9408
>http://www.inwords.co.za
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major
Help
>format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient
content
>delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
>Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any
popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

>---
>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot- >
>or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotma
il.com