Re: Can I Automatically Insert Section Breaks?

Subject: Re: Can I Automatically Insert Section Breaks?
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Jayaseelan Pannirselvam" <jayaseelan -dot- pannirselvam -at- ite -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:19:44 +0530

Jayaseelan... you got that off a search?? AT this URL:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/htsearch/archive-search.php ??
I searched for my name, got zero hits (!), then searched for "section
breaks", "section break" (without the final "s"), and finally, for the
name of the original poster. All returned zero hits. At that point I
decided there was some big-time glitch with the list archives, and
gave up trying...

Please tell me, just *how* the heck (pardon the mild French!) did you
get to the URL you quoted?

Selectively quoting from your post:

your post with the
code that works like a charm was sitting pretty here:

"Works like a charm" ?? [blush] why, thank you! :-)

You might want to caveat your code by stating that your code converts
the Paragraph style in question into section breaks that start on new

AFAI thought from the code, it moved the insertion point ("selection")
__before__ the beginning of the Heading 1 para; I tried this out on a
dummy doc with 5 H1 lines and interspersed dummy text; it seemed to
work perfectly; 5 section breaks inserted, 5 H1s still present. Did
you have some sort of "eaten-up heading" problem with it?

If the requirement is conversion into continuous section breaks,
all one needs to do is replace "wdSectionBreakNextPage" in the line
"sel.InsertBreak WdBreakType.wdSectionBreakNextPage" with
"wdSectionBreakContinuous".

Not to detract from your helpfulness, but I thought that was quite
obvious. That's one nice thing about the VB family of languages, and
Word VBA - the code is quite readable! :-)
IAC, if the OP failed to understand it, she could have asked.. and
received the answer.

That little snippet of code that you posted seemed to me to be the
perfect solution to the OP's query. Not sure why she didn't acknowledge
that or even why others who posted subsequently on this thread seemed to
ignore that completely.

I thought so too, and it was frustrating - very! There are times when
I post guesses or shots in the dark (hey, there's so much I don't
know, and probably never will) and I can understand those being given
zero attention. This, in contrast, was a tested and working solution
that was apparently ignored... I mean, why post to a list if you don't
want the answers to a query...

Regards,
Ed.

On 10/17/06, Jayaseelan Pannirselvam <jayaseelan -dot- pannirselvam -at- ite -dot- com -dot- au> wrote:
Ed,

Unless I'm missing something (or perhaps you're missing something and my
browser has some special page-serving capabilities), your post with the
code that works like a charm was sitting pretty here:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/0610/techwhirl-0610-00496.htm