Adobe FrameMaker Certification (How to get it)

Subject: Adobe FrameMaker Certification (How to get it)
From: BC <bvconway -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "Techwr-L -at- Lists -dot- Techwr-L. Com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:24:24 -0700

I know, become a hermit, get up at 5am, study hard, stay in shape, ignore
the cats, etc.

I'm trying to find the nearest centre in Victoria, BC, or Vancouver to do
the test. Or, how does one go about getting the Adobe ACE Certification?

[Assuming this posts of course (first post).]

I'm also looking for technical writer contacts near Victoria, BC to ask a
few questions and get some ideas about <take deep breath> establishing a
career in
technical writing </take deep breath>.

The Brag Section

I have a lot of background as a network manager
(Mac and PC) with Nortel, and the canadian government (or is that
Canadian Government ?) plus some experience with the usual
(i.e. HTML, DHTML, Javascript, CSS and spent some time in the
trenches with SGML, XML), have done some technical writing (a short
manual on SGMLtoRTF conversion and many other little documents
of the computerish kind as part of my computer support work) and am

currently learning FrameMaker (inside out and top to bottom, of course).
I've done some database development, and developed online course material
using
DreamWeaver, FrontPage, WebCT.

And, I even have a degree in Mathematics (and Political Science).

I haven't yet climbed Mount Kilomanjaro but I want to take things
one at a time.

I'm not yet a sought-out world-renowned expert on FrameMaker, but, when the
big day arrives . I'll need to know where to go (before I get told to).

Will I get a nice plaque?

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Bruce Conway