RE: handbook vs training manual

Subject: RE: handbook vs training manual
From: Ram Dak <ramdak5000 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Karen Murri <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for sharing your experience. That makes it a lot more clear for me now.

By the look of things, this is likely to be reference documentation. Copies of this stuff will be sent around to various nonprofits and npo workers will use it to research, design, build and maintain a community sanitation system.

Ramdak

Karen Murri <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote: Ask your client. How they intend it to be used will dictate how you
structure it. At my last job, we wrote several "training manuals" for a
client. They called them training manuals and they used them for training,
but that's where the resemblance to training ended. What we produced was
really reference documentation, and it was exactly what they wanted.

-Karen