RE: Screen Captures with Stamps and Shadows

Subject: RE: Screen Captures with Stamps and Shadows
From: "Robert Landry" <robert -dot- landry -at- rapt -dot- com>
To: <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:25:00 -0700

I don't find the shadow effect very effective. Most user's reactions is
that something is "wrong" with the figure...it's too dark, etc.

The tear effect is useful when you want to show the beginning (including
report headings or table headings) end of a long report or table (which
might occur within the app and include totals), and the middle is just
data that is not meaningful. I've never gotten grief for using that in
the interest of saving space.

My 1.32 cents (after taxes)

Robert J. Landry
Senior Technical Writer