RE: If you don't want people to know your age...

Subject: RE: If you don't want people to know your age...
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:34:40 -0500

> Or maybe I'm just jumping to the guy's defense because I'm a
contentious
> SOB myself. Who knows?
>
> Dick

Dick,

I think Beth's point was that the guy was argumentative with many people
about more than one subject at a semi-social function. I don't call that
thinking for yourself. I call it being a jerk, and it's not a good way
to network with people.

Personally or professionally, you can disagree about something or have
your own opinion without being argumentative about it. Sometimes, the
best thing you can do is to agree to disagree and end the conversation.
I'm sure if the guy had done something like that, Beth's opinion of him
would have been higher.

Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.