RE: Pagination in FrameMaker 7.0

Subject: RE: Pagination in FrameMaker 7.0
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Sarah Clark" <Sarah -dot- Clark -at- dhsnet -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:18:28 -0600

Sarah Clark wrote:

> HELP! I'm pulling my hair out. I am setting the Pagination
> box to "delete empty pages" but FM continues to insert blank
> pages at the end of some of my files. (I'm working with a
> book that has 17 chapters.
> Some of the chapters are single file and some are multi
> file.) After I regerate the book - and the blank pages are
> reinserted - I go back to the Pagination box and see it has
> been reset to "make page count even."
> How is this getting overridden (a master page, maybe? I'm
> stupid about master pages & REALLY stupid about reference
> pages.) I'll take any help you can give. THANK YOU!

Assuming that pagination is double-sided, check the 1st Page Side
setting of the file _after_ each one to which a blank page is added. If
the first file ends on a right page, and the next file is set to start
on a right page, FM has to add a left page to the first file. Set the
next file to start on the next available page instead.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs