RE: Software question - converting HTML to PDF

Subject: RE: Software question - converting HTML to PDF
From: Uwe Tallmeister <uwe -at- raintreeinc -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:59:15 +0300

From: Peter Lewicke
True, maybe he'll take the hint.

--- Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
wrote:

> Yo, Peter, it's 2006 -- you can do the job remotely.
> :)

Actually, the corporate office is indeed in California, but the R&D and engineering sections are located in Estonia, so you might say we have some experience with working remotely ;) On the other hand, this task is quite low priority, so contracting someone is not an option.

To get back on topic:
Using OpenOffice Writer would not make much difference or is there something I'm missing? MS Word can also open html files, so nothing new there. Copy-paste works the same in most applications. And the free PDF converter does a perfect job already - I doubt that the OOo Writer would do it faster.

I was also recommended to use XML and XSLT. From the short research I
did it appears that a) this probably is just what we need and b) we even
have two books on the subject, both about 800 pages. Before I start
digging through them, I'd like a second opinion (or recommendations
where to start). Learning a new language would be useful, but time-consuming, so I'd not commit myself (or anybody else at the company) yet.

--
Uwe Tallmeister
+372 731 4418