RE: I'm sticking with WinHelp (was Re: WinHelp on Vista - a usefullink)

Subject: RE: I'm sticking with WinHelp (was Re: WinHelp on Vista - a usefullink)
From: "sbuckley" <sbuckley -at- onlinewriter -dot- com>
To: "'Bill Swallow'" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Mike Starr'" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:18:05 -0700

What I hear over and over again is that there are many help formats to chose
from. What are the basic standards these formats are based on? For
example, what are the standards set by someone like WWW3 who listens to the
technical communication industry and provides standards adopted by big
companies? What are the standards that have some basis in scientific
research on readability and overall use of online documentation?